Sunday, August 15, 2010

"They're coming to get you Barbra, they're coming"

I love horror movies. I love everything about them. I love the villian, i love the Hero-wen, i love how horror movies makes you think...."Maybe that noise i heard in the back yard wasnt just a cat...maybe it was the boogie man". I love every second of horror movies. My FAVORITE part is when the frightened woman because your hero-wen. I love it. I love the sense of empowerment it makes you as a woman feel. I mean...just imagine that real life moment.

Your being chased by a psycho killer, he's killed your boyfriend and best friend and up til now you've just run, and cryed, and fell down and watched as he took everything from you. Then the turn happens. YOU WONT BE THE VICTIM AN MORE. IF YOUR GONNA DIE, YOU WILL DIE FIGHTING. What a powerful moment.

Imagine getting to meet someone whose inspired your love for whatever...thats how i feel right now. I get to attend 2010's horrorfind weekend. The laundry list of iconic celebritys is astondishing. The person im most excited to meet is George A Romera. He is the godfather of zombie flicks. What i love most about his movies. Is he puts real life issues into his zombie movies. As funny as that sounds he does. In 1968, when raceism was still in america. George A Romera came out with a film called Night of the living dead. He did the unthinkable at that time. He casted his leading man, an african american. And instead of casting a leading white man...he wanted to go with the societys contraversys. That choose to cast a black man as the leading role during the civil rights movement was incredible. And that little movie started a huge epidemic of zombie Fanatics including myself. How scary is it to actually think that a zombie outbreak could happen. Giggle if you want. But honestly...there are scientist all over the world coming up with bio chemical weapons, cures for deases, est. Whos to say what they arent trying to make for our own good could mix with our blood and cause the dead to walk. All it takes is an air born chemical to enter the blood stream. Scary thought...but thats what horror movies are ment to do...take you to a place you couldnt even imagine..and it reminds you of todays horrors...that really do live and breath...and maybe its a knife carrying mask wearing pshycho like Michael Myers. But there are people out there that have no souls, that have no empathy, no remorse and that kill for just the pure pleasure of it.

Ted Bundy, Charles Manson, John Wayne Gacy, Ed Gein. These are real life serial killers. They are real and they are very much out there. Horror movies remind us to check our backseats, they remind us to be suspicious, they remind us to be afraid of a dark ally. Incase your not up on your serial killers, let me explain how scary these real life villians are.
Ted Bundy- he was a rapist and serial killer. He was charming, charismatic, a good looking guy. But he was evil...pure evil.
Charles Manson- He was a master mind. He has a band of followers who did his dirty work. He ordered the deal of a pregant woman..just to try to start a racist war
John Wayne Gacy- He was a child molester. He killed little boys after he raped them...and his real life career...he was an ice cream clown. Talk about scary...a fat man dressed like a clown killing little boys...what a fucked up world huh?
Ed Gein- total momma's boy. When his mother died...he dressed in her clothes, and start to rob graves. He then killed 2 woman and gutted there bodies like a deer during hunting season. When they arrested him...tehy found skulls made into ceral bowls.

REAL LIFE VILLIANS DO EXIST. And i for one know this...cause of my love for horror. I still check my backseat at night before i drive. I lock my doors, and im afraid of the dark. This is me. I remember watching horror movies with my older sister. I loved how it made me feel, the pure terror i felt from watching these movies. Even today when i watch horror movies it makes me feel...it just makes me feel right with my self LOL. I guess im a freak lol. But man i love horror movies. My favorites would def be Zombie flicks, and cheesy slasher films. I love horror movies that take place or happen when your most vonerable. I love movies taking places at summer camps, or while baby sitting. Places or activitys where if a psycho killer comes its gonna freaking suck! Right now im watching Night of the living dead...and i couldnt feel more at ease. Well this is just another little peice that makes up my personal puzzle.

1 comment:

  1. OMG! i loved EVERY minute of this blog, we have too have our dumb ass scary movie nights! fo sho' gahhh I <3 you sooo!

    ReplyDelete