Thursday, July 29, 2010

If it acts like a duck and quacks like a duck....

So we got our ultrasound on Monday 7/26/2010. The UT (ultrasound tech) couldn't confirm the sex with 100% certainty. But she did say she didn't see anything dangling and she checked every angle possible...and i too saw nothing dangling. But even with not seeing anything i still had that little bit of ..what if...But the UT did say she thinks its a girl. and with all the problems i believed i was having a girl. Well today i went and bought Intelligender. Its supposed to be able to tell you the gender of your unborn baby as early as 10weeks...well i wasn't going to buy it...but after me going what if...what if...i broke down and bought that sucker for 30 bucks...yes 30 damn dollars...so i open up the package..and the container holding the chemicals is sealed i couldn't open it...on the top of the lid is this itty bitty hole...so i peed in the cup they provided and used the serenge and pured my pee pee into the container...and mixed it up...i patiently waited...and it sure enough turned bright YELLOW..which means GIRL!!!!


So now that i finally feel 110% confirmed I'm so excited! i feel like i can start shopping and buying for my baby girl Haylee! I want to scream at the top of my lungs and jump up and down...so i thought on top of my UT and the intelligender i thought id go threw my old wives tales that also helped me confirm this is indeed a little girl!

1. Carrying High, Carrying Low- With Benjamin OMG i carried him so low...in fact until i got pregnant with haylee i didn't understand the difference between high and low..lol. But now that Ive compared pictures...OMG I'm carrying Haylee so damn high its crazy....here's a little look into what i mean...
Me pregnant with Ben @ 17 weeks

Me pregnant with Haylee @ 17wks

2. Heartbeats- They say with a boy the heartbeat is below 140 and for a girl its above 140. Haylees heart beat has been 158, and 148...so according to that she was a girl lol

3. Cravings- They say if you crave sour food its boy and sweets its a girl. With Ben i don't remember craving anything. But with haylee...i would wake up in the middle of the nigh craving kit Kat bars...to the point i would drive to the store just to get a kit Kat bar...it was crazy....i even ate an entire bag of chocolate chips cause i was craving sweets so bad lol.

4. Face round and full- With Ben i really didn't put on any weight in my face...but with Haylee i think my face looks chubby....

5. acne- they say if you have clear skin its a boy and bad acne its a girl...not to toot my own horn but BEEP BEEP. Cause the most pimples Ive had at a time were like maybe 2 on my chin....or in my hair line...well with Ben i had literally NO pimples...and with haylee OMG I'm broke out all the time...Ive got bumps all over my for head...is a total pain in the ass.

so with all this evidence i knew i was having a girl..and another one that Ive noticed... for some reason your mom can seem to tell from the moment you tell her your pregnant...with Ben as soon as i said i was pregnant she said boy...and with haylee as soon as i said I'm pregnant she said girl..

But I'm so damn excited! I cant wait for my baby shower and to just shop for miss haylee!

4 comments:

  1. I certainly hope everything is right for you. After all, if there is nothing dangling it has to be a girl, right? I can't wait to see pics of Ben and his little sister! (Just so you know though, ALL of those old wives tales...and I mean EVERY SINGLE ONE...was wrong for me. I've heard they are right for most people though, so maybe I'm just odd.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol i know its a girl...ive known..its just that motherly instint thing

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you started posting pictures, I guessed it was a girl...I usually guess based off the whole how you're carrying thing, and I've never been wrong, lol...Congrats on your little girl! It's SO fun shopping for girl babies :D

    ReplyDelete